Switzerland Cycling Summer 2024 – 29th June to 13th July (last night stay)
Expert led Cycling Holidays and Training Camps in Switzerland
Based at the cycling friendly 4-star Everness Hotel in Chavannes-de-Bogis, just 20 minutes outside Geneva in the stunning ‘Romandie’ region of Switzerland. Our location provides easy access to a wide variety of routes on both sides of the Swiss/French border including iconic climbs, rolling vineyards and flatter lake rides featured in both the Tour of Romandie and Tour de France. Our qualified cycling coaches and experienced ride leaders know intimately this diverse and sometimes challenging terrain, including the best riding roads and country lanes in the region to make the most of your SunVelo swiss cycling experience.
One week of expert led group riding including accommodation, half board, airport transfers and/or car parking (if required) from £1,395 per person (less than £200 per night)*.
* Excluding Bike Rental
The scheduled change over day is Saturday where riders can choose a self-guided route, however you are welcome to arrive and depart any day you like; some find Wednesday a good day to travel at a time when mid-week flight prices are less expensive than weekends.
Road Cycling Holidays in Switzerland
- Cycling in Switzerland with SunVelo provides the opportunity to ride in groups led by qualified cycling coaches and experienced group leaders.
- All SunVelo ride leaders have ‘official body’ ride leader certification and operate under the guidance of multiple Commonwealth Games cycling medallist, former pro road racer and Northern Irish national team manager Alastair Irvine.
- SunVelo group rides are planned, organised and structured to make the mosts of your cycling experience.
- A week with SunVelo will add significant mileage to a new or existing training plan
- Cycling in Switzerland provides the ideal cycling holiday or training camp destination.
- At SunVelo everyone is an equal part and contributor to their own mini team on the road.
- We pride ourselves on the extent of knowledge all members of the ride leading team have of the Swiss (and French) roads and country lanes.
- As well as iconic climbs featured in both the Tour of Romandie and Tour de France, we will take you off the beaten track on some of the best riding roads and country lanes that are seldom used (or even known) by most visitors to the region.
- Our rides are different each day and the variation available will enable you to ride with others at your level, we never leave anyone behind.
- We will guide you to which is the best group to join each day based on your objectives and riding experience.
- Recovery is an important aspect of training. The SunVelo progressive weekly schedule includes a recovery day on Wednesday where riders can either rest or join a SunVelo led “light” group recovery ride of approximately 40km.
Our Riding Groups (in Switzerland)
We offer different level riding groups each day as detailed below. You can choose your group each day and switch throughout the week to get the most out of your time with SunVelo.
NOTE – as the terrain in Switzerland can be challenging, we DO NOT offer a low intensity / touring group. As a minimum the ability to ride 80km and climb 1000m comfortably each day is advised, along with confidence and competence in the fundamental techniques of cornering, climbing, descending plus the effective and safe use of brakes and gears.
Average: 23kmph to 26kmph
Skill required: Medium (2-3)
Skill required: High (4-5)
Our Hotel & Location
SunVelo is based at the recently renovated 4 star Everness Hotel, Chavannes-de-Bogis with breathtaking views of Lake Geneva, the Jura and the Alps.
We are delighted to partner with the cycling friendly 4-star resort style Everness Hotel in Chavannes-de-Bogis, just 20 minutes outside of Geneva, with breathtaking views of the lake, the Alps and immediate access to small country lanes, flat, rolling and hilly terrain including the Jura mountain range. The indoor and outdoor bar and restaurant is well stocked with fresh local produce including cheese, chocolate and wine, making it a great place to finish rides and socialise in the evenings. Half board accommodation includes a buffet breakfast and evening dinner that cater for all dietary requirements.
While many riders come for a week of group cycling arriving on Saturday and departing the following Saturday, we are pleased to offer the most flexible arrangements. Book for a minimum stay of 4 nights to as long as you like, arriving and departing any day. We believe in total pricing transparency there are no hidden costs or unexpected add-ons, daily guided group cycling is included with half board accommodation.
- 4-star resort style hotel
- 20 minutes outside of Geneva (easy access / short airport transfer)
- Breathtaking views of Lake Geneva, the Alps and the Jura mountains
- FREE airport transfers including bike boxes
- Standard room (15sqm) suitable for SINGLE occupancy (1 person)
- Superior room (22sqm) suitable for DOUBLE / TWIN occupancy (2 people)
- Indoor and outdoor bar and restaurant
- Half board includes buffet breakfast and evening dinner (with soft drinks)
- Secure bike storage including tools and pumps
- Fitness studio and health spa
- FREE car parking (if required)
- Short walk to commercial centre (shops / pharmacy / etc)
- Airport transfers are included in the package price, the value of this service is approximately £100 (the standard costs of an airport taxi)
- 20 minutes transfer time from Geneva Airport via hotel shuttle bus
Half board accommodation with
Guided Group Cycling
Prices £GBP per person, per week* including half board, airport transfers and/or car parking if required.
or double bed)
29th June to 13th July
(last night stay)
1 week = 7 nights (Saturday to Saturday) / alternative arrival and departure days are available upon request
|6 days hire|
|£40 per day|
Financially protected bookings
Rated 4.8 out of 5 based on independent reviews.
Read what customers say here.